Also available on VHS
" Coming Out Party " is a new DVD that
is a celebration of love, life, and freedom.
Dan Renzi , who "came out" to America on "The Real World", tells tales of adolescent crushes and his high school prom.
Filmed live at Gotham Hall
in Santa Monica, California,
on June 18 th of
this year, seven gay and lesbian
comic storytellers share their personal stories of "coming out" to family friends and co-workers and living
"out" and proud. M ake this
historic evening part of your DVD collection today.
· Rene Hicks shares her stories about being an African
American lesbian, the daughter of a minister and finding love at the
· John Riggi relates his experiences working in television comedy as the gay guy in the writer's room.
· Bob Smith
tells of his family ' s reactions to his appearance on "The Tonight
Show" and provides outrageous insights about gay culture.
· Jackie Beat , performing out of drag for the first time,
exploreshis denial while growing up and his family ' s reaction
to "Coming Out".
· Sabrina Matthews lets us in on the hilarious and beautiful
relationship of mu tual
understanding that has evolved between her and her mom.
· Terry Sweeney , the first openly gay performer on Network TV,
takes the audience on the roller coaster ride of his twenty year career.
Their insights about Gay
Culture will make you laugh out l oud,
their experiences of first loves and heartaches will move you to tears
and their honesty will inspire you.